EVERYONE WANTS to give kids a gift that they will use and enjoy. Here is a list of gift ideas that will impress and please kids.
- Ipod touch. The latest Ipod is what they want. As of this writing, the Ipod Touch has both a camera AND speaker so kids don’t have to wear headphones to hear downloads. Ironically, this item comes with ear bud headphones.
- Cell phone. Kids under age 15 don’t need a smart phone with internet access (after all, they usually know where they are going because they are being driven by an adult.) Buy kids under age 14 or 15 a phone that slides or flips open and comes in a cool color. Add them to your unlimited texting phone plan for about $10/month. Most older kids want a smart phone (which uses internet access) or a cheap phone that is very basic.
- Shoes. Girls like UGG brand Boots and boys like Converse, Vans, or Reebok Zig running shoes. ZIG RUNNING SHOES by Reebok
- Chemistry sets are great for budding scientists.
- Drum sets to play with a Wii system from Nintendo are a sure hit for young musicians.
- Electric scooters, such as those by Razor, are fun and don’t drive terribly fast. Find them for under $150 at Target stores.
- LESSONS!!!! Offer to pay for lessons for a kid to learn karate, piano, oil painting, pottery, fencing, or a multitude of other interests.
- CAMP. Offer to pay for your favorite kid to attend a camp…either in the local area or some where far away… sports camps (such as hockey or football), astronaut camp, horseback riding camp or a religious camp with tons of planned fun. The camp can be any time of year – - one they may enjoy the memory of and re-visit for many years.
- Gift certificates to a retail store.
- Round of golf, cart included.
- Concert tickets to a favorite performer.
- Cologne, such as “California” by Hollister for guys, or scented body spray for girls.
- Juicy Couture® bracelets for girls – go to a Neiman Marcus Outlet Mall for best prices or log into Neiman’s online. You can’t go wrong with a Neiman Marcus purchase!