Clowns and superheroes make fine Halloween costumes, but we prefer to wear AND see costumes that really tickle the funny bone.
RUN WITH THESE RIB-TICKLING FUNNY HALLOWEEN
COSTUMES for KIDS OR ADULTS:
CHICK MAGNET – For guys
“He must have a magnetic personality!”
- Wear black pants and a black, long-sleeved shirt.
- Buy a pair of red “magic-stretch” gloves (from Target, Dollar stores or Wal-Mart [or wear any pair of red gloves]) and you will effectively be dressed like ”a magnet.”
- Using YELLOW POSTER BOARD, cut out 7 or 8 baby chick shapes. Visit How to Draw Cute Baby Chicks for an idea of how to create your baby chicks.
- Hot glue or velcro the baby chicks in a random pattern across the front of the black shirt. You are now a “Chick Magnet!”
STICK PERSON – For anyone, kids or adults
“What the heck is that walking down the street tonight?”
- Wear black leotards or tight-fitting black pants with a black turtle-neck shirt with long sleeves and black shoes and socks.
- Buy 8 to 10 packages of 22″-inch GLOW IN THE DARK NECKLACES ($1 each at most Target stores in the dollar bins in front area of the store) or buy them online at a vendor.
- Open each package and activate the “glow” factor following directions (massage each glow stick)
- Lay your shirt and pants on a table or counter before you get dressed and add the glow sticks in a pattern to make a stick figure. Use a shirt and pants that you don’t mind getting rid of:
- Stretch each glow stick out and hot glue one to each arm of the shirt and down the front center of the shirt.
- Hot glue a stretched out glow stick from the top thigh part of pants to reach down toward the top of the knee.
- Also glue a stretched out glow stick from BELOW the knee bend toward the ankle.
- Place a dark baseball cap on your head and assemble one 22″-inch glow in the dark necklace as directed.
- Hang the completed necklace from the top of the brim of the hat and hot glue it in place. The necklace will hang in front of your face and swing a little bit as you move.
- You are now a glow-in-the dark stick figure!
ZOMBIE ROLLER SKATER RAN OVER BY A CAR – For anyone, kids or adults
(This costume makes trick-or-treating a breeze…thanks to roller or inline skates!)
“Looks like he had a bad night!”
- Rub some grey costume paint on your face and use a black oil costume pen to draw deep dark half-circles under your eyes. Also paint your lips with black lipstick that won’t run. Draw a trickle of blood coming out of the corner of your mouth and out of the insides of your eyes with costume paint for extra gore. Add several globs of hair gel to make your hair look really messed up and crazy.
- Tear a few holes in an old t-shirt without a design on the front. Use a wide, black magic marker to draw tire or tread marks like these on the front of the shirt and on the sleeves.
- Wear your oldest, ripped jeans and roller skates or inline skates.
- Wear a helmet and elbow guards and shin guards for extra safety.
NERD – Easy and fun to do for male adults and kids
“How adorable and nerdy can you get?”
- Wear a plaid shirt that is 2 sizes too small. Button the sleeves at the cuffs so that they look really short (and nerdy.)
- Put on a pair of pants that have an elastic waist and are too small. Pull the pants up as high as they will reach. Use large safety pins to pin the waistband into place if you must, hiding them from view at the hip area.
- Wear calf-high white socks and any type of shoe.
- Place a mis-matched bow tie at the collar of the shirt.
- Slide a plastic pocket protector into front pocket of shirt, if there is one.
- Wear fake plastic glasses with thick black frames.
- Wet hair and part your hair down the center of your face. Apply gel to smooth hair down and keep it flat.
- Enjoy being nerdy!
- For guys
“Wow, that guy has some guts!”
- We know it is tacky, but it can also be funny – so we include dressing like a pimp (ouch)
- Scour thrift stores and find the tackiest men’s jacket possible. Think blue velvet, shiny lame’ (gold) or wretched red. An old tuxedo jacket (powder blue!) would be great too.
- Wear a tennis-style headband and buy a fake gold tooth or “grills” at any costume store. You gotta toss in the large, fake gold necklace with a clock on it if you can find one.
- Put on those boxer shorts and make sure your pants are embarrassingly low and wear a pair of black shoes.
- Sorry, it’s just an idea.
BANANA – For anyone, kids or adults
“Why do bananas make us laugh?”
- We try to stay away from costumes that are entirely store-bought, but when you see someone dressed like a banana, it is ALWAYS funny. Prepare to spend about $30.00. We likeTHIS BANANA COSTUME best.
- Stuff the banana bottom front and back with loosely packed newspaper for successful banana-appeal!
DOG CATCHER – For boys or girls
Kids will look like they are a dog catcher with a cute plush toy as their catch.
“Awww, that is SO cute!”
Share this: Twitter | StumbleUpon | Facebook | Delicious | digg | reddit | eMail
- Have kids wear a rugby-style shirt or khaki shirt with khaki pants, shorts or jeans and tennis shoes.
- Make an identification card on the computer that says “CRITTER CATCHER” and pin it on their shirt.
- Must add a safari-style hat or army green bush hat for best results. (Try Army/Navy Surplus stores.)
- Using a brown cardboard box approximately two times the size of a large shoe box, cut a slit on each end of the box and slide a brown fabric or leather belt through the slots and adjust it so that the box hangs around the kids neck, leaving the box level at mid-chest height.
- Cut a window into the box large enough to house a large plush cat or dog without it falling out.
- Now go chase those Halloween treats!